A Wonderful World Of Food Just 10 Minutes From The Marina!
Every Town Has A Unique Take On Regional Cuisine. Pitillal is a charming pueblo on the outer edge of Vallarta, just 10 minutes from the Marina—making this tour the perfect way to explore more of Mexico without going too far.
- Bring your appetite as you will be full by the end of this 3.5-hour guided food tour.
- Pitillal is small so we will pass by several landmarks along the way, like the stunning Parroquia de San Miguel Arcangel. We’ll walk about 1 mile between our 7 stops.
- You won’t see as many tourists in town so you’ll get a greater feel of authentic Mexican living.
- Eat in a mix of street stands and family-owned restaurants serving mouthwatering regional cuisine.
Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
Departs at 10:30
1 tour guide
Tour takes place snow, rain, or shine
WHAT TO WEAR:
Comfortable clothing and shoes
Suitable for most ages and fitness levels
7 tastings. expert tour guide, tasting map with insiders recommendations
$49.99 adults $39 children under 13
Gazebo in the main plaza
5 star company with over 1700 reviews
What to expect from this tour?
Untouched By Tourism – Dining in a city that is untouched by tourism takes authenticity to a whole new level. Enjoy recipes that have been passed down through the generations, including carnitas tacos, tamales, atole, local seafood, birria, and churros made fresh just for you.
Historic Tour – Every pueblo has a unique story to tell and Pitillal is no exception. Your local guide will share a bit about Pitillal’s history, local customs, and eclectic folklore. This includes the story behind the food you will taste along the way.
Why take this tour?
- Beyond Vallarta. This food tour is the perfect half-day trip from Puerto Vallarta or Nuevo Vallarta. Being just 10 minutes from the marina it’s also perfect for those looking for a shore excursion on their day at port. The tour leaves plenty of time for adventures before and after.
- Smaller Is Better. Our small group tours ensure everyone has a personalized experience. In just 3.5-hours you will eat some of the most delicious food in our region and learn far more about the local history than if you were to explore solo.
- An Immersive Experience. Puerto Vallarta may be a tourist destination but that doesn’t mean that you can’t have an immersive travel experience. You will enjoy authentic cuisine, made by locals with regional ingredients, explained to you by a local foodie!