Make Tacos Al Pastor With Chef Manuel
Explore Mexico's extraordinary taco culture in a guided cooking led by professional chef and professional guide, Manuel. Learn how to cook the perfect al pastor taco—including savor filling, adobo sauce made from scratch, salsa and more. You will get practical receipes that are easy to follow and make at the comfort of your own home.!
What's Included in Your Online Experience?
- Virtually travel to Puerto Vallarta and spend 1 to 1.5 hours with Manuel, a chef whose passion for tacos is equal to his culinary expertise.
- Learn how to cook the "King of Tacos" - Pastor taco, with an adobo sauce and a tomatillo salsa to perfectly dress it. H
- Hear amazing stories and the background behind this iconic Mexican dish!
- Enjoy your picadillo salsa with chips — Manuel will teach you how to make this, too! — A perfect appetizer to start off your Mexican culinary fiesta adventure! Perfect your culinary skills in the comfort of your own home.
- Spend time with your family or friends, new and old in a uniquely entertaining way. Perfect class to share with your food-loving kiddos!
- Receive the recipes for the dishes beforehand so you can cook along with Manual. After taking the class, you will ‘wow’ friends and family with your new-found cooking receipe and skills.
- Support our guides! 100% of sales go straight to the guides!
If you’d like this experience privately with your family, friends or team, please contact us for pricing and information.
1:30pm Central Time
Suitable for anyone who loves tacos!
Expert Taco Chef, recipes
$14.95 per screen
5 star company with over 2400 reviews
Experience highlights include:
What to expect from this Experience?
Please note that the times available for this experience are in Central Time.
Who doesn´t love Tacos? In this 1 to 1.5-hour interactive cooking class, Manuel will teach you about the universally beloved Al Pastor Taco. While you are cooking he will teach you about the history of tacos and reveal the secrets of what makes a great taco.
Using only a few easy-to-find ingredients, you’ll create pico de gallo adobo marinade, tomatillo sauce and learn the correct technique to cook Al Pastor. We’ll send you a list of groceries to buy and the recipes to review beforehand. You will then be ready to make some tacos in your very own kitchen! During your interactive class, you will have time to ask Manuel any question ou may have about Mexican cuisine, history, Puerto Vallarta or anything you fancy!
What to Bring
Install the zoom app on your computer or tablet. The meeting ID will be sent to you upon purchase.
Please review the list of ingredients and utensils needed for the experience. Please let me know if you have any allergy or strong dislike, so I can adjust accordingly.
Join Manu to learn how to make the “King of Tacos”, Taco al Pastor!
Ingredients for 2 portions:
- 350g (12 oz.) of protein: pork loin, fresh tuna (highly recommended), shrimp or firm tofu
- 4 guajillo chiles
- 1 small can of chipotles in adobo
- 3 garlic cloves,
- 200g (7 oz.) of fresh pineapple
- 3 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup of white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 small onions or shallots
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- onion and cilantro (coarsely chopped)
- sliced cucumbers
For the Salsa:
- 1 avocado
- 4 tomatillos
- Mixing bowls, blender, and grill, grill pan or frying pan
OPTIONAL AND RECOMMENDED:
TEQUILA, RED WINE OR LAGER BEER TO ENJOY WHILE COOKING!
What are people saying?
The experience was exactly what we needed to bring the family together virtually and enjoy our favorite dish tacos . Thanks Manu for a great night! . -Dana from Chicago, United States
There was so much great information about tacos and the different cooking techniques. Manuel took his time and explained the process very simply. I never knew how easy was to cook Al Pastor. Taco Tuesday has a new meaning now! We have a new favorite delicious taco! -Mike from Vancouver, Canada
My mom and I attended this cooking class led by Manu and were very pleased with how much we learned about the food and history. We learned, laughed and ate! We highly recommend this experience – Michelle from Puerto Vallarta
About Chef Manuel
Manuel was born and raised in Guadalajara, Mexico. He is a trained chef and has worked all over Mexico and Europe. He finally settled down in Puerto Vallarta because of the abundance of local seafood and ingredients. He gives live market cooking classes and has been a food tour guide with Vallarta Food Tours for six years. His food passion is tacos!